Instagram Wrap – Summer 2016

September 8, 2016 44 Comments

Green Day was far less than helpful! Waking up when September ends isn’t really a good idea for those like me with a to-do list. Even the beginning of September is giving me the shivers when I look at the list of stuff I had chalked up on the 1st of 2016. Regret is ever present, but I’m trying not to think too much about it since I realize there are four months left and something can be reclaimed in this year after all. Reflect. Realize. React!

One of the things was a move towards a healthier lifestyle. I love good food and even though I enjoy cooking, I do end up taking short cuts and eating out a lot through the week. Earlier this year, I had decided that I will refrain from eating out on week days and restrict it strictly to the weekends. I have decided to get back to this, let’s see if I can maintain the discipline to do so. I’m also going to take up a Hot Yoga challenge for a month; more intensive exercise to go along with the clean eating. I hope to keep you posted through this blog on the report card! To feel a little better and convince myself that 2016 wasn’t a total waste, I need to tell myself that ‘Hey! At the least, I got to blogging and telling stories about the styles I like.’ So let’s end this with a roundup of the various summer outfits I couldn’t post earlier on the blog. Outfit links to each are given below. Hope you like them and I would like to know what you think of the clothes and on other things. Have you reached your 2016 goals? Is September a wake up call for you too? Is Green Day overrated? Anything!

First look is a gorgeous co-ord set from SheIn. I wear it often to brunches and other day events.

anju2-1065

Anju2-1071

unnamed (1)

Both the top and skirt are very versatile pieces, that can be used to create different looks on their own.
Co-ord set link
Link to necklace in picture below. Please use the code ‘Anju20’ to get 20% discount on any purchase
Chestnut Frejya heeled sandal
Tory burch leather cross body bag

Here’s another outfit I created with the same white lace top.

img_7551

The black skirt in this pic is an old one from Express. Here are some similar options which can be used as a substitute:
Similar black leather skirt.
Pleated leather skirt

The crop top below is one of the most used pieces of my wardrobe (My love for crop top is unconditional !!! haha). This one is so easy to style – I have been wearing it with shorts, denims, maxi skirts, et al.

IMG_7412

Plaid crop top
Vince camuto cut out sandal in sugar plum

The top in the next outfit was ‘love at first sight’ when I saw it on the Zara collection. Unfortunately, they updated their webpage, and I am not able to find the exact link.

Anju-2037_edited_final - Copy
Anju-2033 - Copy

The shorts in this is an oldie from my wardrobe 🙂 I got them from Bebe. Below is a link to another pair of  leather shorts from ASOS which fit the bill perfectly.
Similar black leather shorts
Black leather sandals

The outfit below is one among my many favorites from SheIn. The Navy waist coat and the white tunic is a classic combination. It’s a perfect outfit for both summer and fall. The white tunic is made of a comfortable and airy cotton fabric, perfect for summer . And the navy waist coat adds the much needed warmth for fall. My only complaint is that the 2 pieces are not detachable. I would have loved it even more, if  they were separate pieces. I paired it with a pair of nude heels from Sole society [Yes, Sole society again 🙂 ] I just love their heels. Always on point with looks and comfort.  Do check this one. It is on sale right now!!!!

anju2-1533

Anju2-1520

Navy waist coat dress from Shein
Nude metallic pumps (On sale!!!)
Black cross body bag

Next is another outfit that works great for transitioning from summer to fall. The rich olive green shade of the skirt makes it a perfect fit for fall. I combined it here with a striped crop top to wear it during the warm, sunny days of summer. I am planning to use both these  pieces for layering and creating looks for fall. Also, the high-low hemline of the skirt makes it a good fit for petite frames like mine.

anju-2535

anju-2534

Olive green high low skirt
Striped crop top
Black leather sandals

I like to think of the next look as a ‘Contemporary Cinderella’ 🙂 The hemline of the skirt is so dramatic and adds an edge to the outfit. I also love the bow tie detail on the back. Here, I paired it with a black crop top, but a white top will fit perfectly as well.

Anju-2388

anju-2398

Bow skirt
Plaid crop top

The last outfit is casual, yet sleek . The key piece is the plaid skirt from MakeMeChic. It’s another must-have skirt which pairs well with an array of tops. Here I combined it with an emerald green top from Zara. I have been pairing this skirt with various shades of white and black also lately.

img_7584

anju2-1510

Plaid skirt
Nude metallic heels
Similar emerald green top

All images by the brilliant and fun to work with, @urbancell_vault. Do check his feed for great shots and sights.

I would love to know what you think of this post and different outfits or what you would like to see in next posts !! Do comment 🙂

September 18, 2016

44 Comments

1. Reply

Nanya

September 8, 2016

Liked the different outfits especially the olive green skirt and the crop top. What size did you buy the crop top?

September 8, 2016

Hi Nanya, I am glad you liked the look. I got it in XS
      xoxo

2. Reply

siyaadaax3

September 8, 2016

Im very much loving the skirt and i love the way u style everthing, great post

September 8, 2016

Thanks babe for stopping by and taking the time to comment

3. Reply

Pragati

September 8, 2016

Love all the looks but my favs are contemporary cindrella look and navy blue vest dress look💙💙 both of them look so effortless and chic! Keep writing and posting more 😍

September 8, 2016

Thanks dear. Really appreciate the feedback
      Love

4. Reply

Sharon Wu

September 8, 2016

You are so beautiful babe! All your looks are amazing xo, sharon

September 8, 2016

Thanks Sharon
      xoxo

5. Reply

Tanvi Mutneja

September 8, 2016

Loved your views about healthy lifestyle <3 I can;t really chose which one is my fav coz i like all of them! The olive green skirt looks great on you and the contemporary Cinderella is awesomely sweet <3

September 8, 2016

Thanks a lot Tanvi. You are a sweetheart

6. Reply

Jess

September 9, 2016

I absolutely adore this post! What a fun idea to do a round up. Every outfit your showed is lovely, I think my favourite has to be “contemporary Cinderella” though as it calls to my childhood princess dreams. I have so many things I’ve not yet completed for 2016 but it sounds like you have made some progress and I know I have, so that’s all we can hope for. I may have to go and listen to that Green Day now as that’s such a blast from the past. I used to love that song! 💚

September 9, 2016

Thanks Jess. You should totally do something similar with the looks you couldn’t post on IG. Agree on green day being a blast from the past
      xoxo

7. Reply

Zana Djakovic

September 9, 2016

Dear Anju, this post is amazing.
    You are really an inspiring young lady and I admire you for that.
    These outfits that you shared are pure perfection. You styled them amazingly.
    Sending you lots of love beauty,

Zana

September 9, 2016

Thank you Zana. You are so amazing and kind
      xoxo

8. Reply

Pau

September 10, 2016

Love all of the outfit, especially the skirts and all the little details!

~Pau

September 10, 2016

Thanks Pau.
      xoxo

9. Reply

Meera

September 10, 2016

Love all the outfits. Stripes and green skirt is a good combination. I am thinking of buying the green skirt 🙂

September 11, 2016

Thanks Meera

10. Reply

Honey, What's Cooking

September 10, 2016

I love the first outfit with the aztec print skirt and white top. Shoes are adorable.. thinking about getting those.

September 11, 2016

Thanks Nish. Yes they are comfortable too

11. Reply

Saabri

September 11, 2016

Hey gorgeous girl, you are such an inspiration. It is satisfying to the core to see how beautifully you put the outfits together. Love love love your style,
    More power to you girl!
    xx
    Saabri

September 11, 2016

Thanks a lot Saabri. You are the sweetest
      xoxo

12. Reply

Nischita

September 11, 2016

Loved all the looks ! Especially the skirts ones 🙂 you look gorgeous. Have a nice week !

Nischita | http://www.myblackskirt.com

September 13, 2016

Thanks Nisch. Hope you are having a great week too

13. Reply

Katharine

September 13, 2016

You needed to take a lot of time to prepare such a big post and I apprecciate it with my visit and this comment. 🙂 You know my opinion on you and I repeat it again and again and it sounds ” I like you so much”. I know you form Instagram where you are an active fashionista and I especcialy alway look forward the mood coming from your account. I really like people with positive influence and you belong to them. 🙂 Regarding the OOTDs they suits to you cos you can wear anything cos with such a figure and smile will be everything LOVELY. 🙂 Kisses sweetie
    Katharine-fashionisbeautiful

September 13, 2016

Thanks Katharine. You are my favorite. I am so happy to have met you through instagram
      xoxo

14. Reply

Supritha

September 13, 2016

You look adorable in all these outfits Anju 🙂 But, my personal favourite is the olive green skirt and the crop top look! It’s beautiful ! xx

September 13, 2016

Thanks Supritha. I love the micro pleats on green skirt as well 🙂
      xoxo

15. Reply

Lola

September 13, 2016

Love those outfits, specially the first one, that skirt is gorgeous

September 13, 2016

Thanks Lola 😀
      xoxo

16. Reply

Andreea Birsan

September 13, 2016

You had so many flawless outfits over summer babe! Loved all of them. x

Have a great week,
    Andreea

September 13, 2016

Thanks doll .

17. Reply

Anusha (ACT Style Blog )

September 14, 2016

I can’t decide which ones I love more then the other !! Love them all ! You have amazing sense of style !

September 14, 2016

Thanks a lot darling 🙂

September 15, 2016

Thanks Ritu

18. Reply

Salma

September 16, 2016

So many great summer looks. The pleated grey skirt outfit is one of my faves.

September 17, 2016

Thanks Salma.
      Love

19. Reply

Divya

September 17, 2016

Lovely post Anju. I love all your outfits here, you have amazing sense of style. I always look forward to your post.

Dstylebook xoxo

September 17, 2016

Thanks Divya. I feel the same about your pics
      xoxo

20. Reply

Pratima

September 17, 2016

I am in love with you style. All outfits shared in this post are stunning…You look adorable 🙂 Keep rocking <3

XoXo,
    Pratima

September 18, 2016

Thanks doll
      xoxo

21. Reply

Richa Kamal

September 28, 2016

I know all about that never-ending list. I have not been able to workout more than once a week for such a long time now. And the endless wishlist of course.
    Loved all your looks Anju. You definitely wear the crop tops so well!
    Have a great week dear!
    Richa | Fancier’s World

22. Reply

May 14, 2017

I visited many web sites but the audio quality for audio songs
    existing at this site is truly marvelous.