Fall’ing

October 4, 2016 39 Comments

“Past The Pumpkin Patch,
And The Tractor Rides,
Look Now — The Sky Is Gold”….

You turn a page, and once again it is the season of leather boots, crunchy leaves, blanket scarves and pumpkin spice lattes…. It’s that time of the year when you start planning your winter trips snuggled up in a cozy oversized boyfriend sweater (Alaska was what was on my mind this time last year). Like most things in my life, I have mixed feelings about fall. On one hand, the bright and sunny never-ending long days are now gone (*sob*), but on the other hand, I love bundling up with a book or huddle up on some Netflix. As much as I’d like to get to the bundling up part, we are still transitioning to fall here in San Diego.  The weather is just starting to cool down, and there’s a definite chill in the air.

I thought this is the perfect time to do a transitional blog especially tailored for the SoCal weather. This post is also about my favorite fashion trend of this year, the cold shoulder. While this summer seemed to have been all about the off-shoulders, I prefer their flirty demure cousin – cold shoulders. I have always been a fan of subtlety in everything.

anju2-1080

I also find cold shoulders more functional than OTS – try raising your arms wearing an off the shoulder, and it always crunches up. Also you don’t have to wear  the strapless bras with cold shoulders. I personally find them a tad uncomfortable.

img_7851

The first outfit on the blog today is a sleek feminine look showcasing my favorite color palette for fall. I love the rich chocolate-brown shade of the shirt. This color looks adorable on all skin tones. I decided to wear it with a short leather skirt. The skirt has been one of the timeless pieces in my wardrobe. I have used it a lot in fall and winter last year, it looks great with or without tights and makes for a flattering silhouette. To give the outfit an edge, I wore it with a super stylish cut out heels from Solewish. If you are on the lookout for looking for some stylish foot wear, Solewish is your store.

anju2-1098

anju2-1103

Outfit links:
iconiconiconicon
icon icon
The black skirt in this pic is an old one from Express. I have linked similar options which can be used as a substitute

The second outfit is a simple sweater and shorts, quite the perfect mix for transitioning, the sweater in the fall corner, and the shorts in the summer. The cold shoulder sweater with a turtle neck is stylish, yet extremely comfortable. I am actually contemplating buying the other colors too.

img_7849-1

anju2-1648

anju2-1664 icon
Outfit links:
iconiconiconiconiconiconicon
icon

Hope you liked the different outfits, let me know in the comments what you guys make of it, and what you’d like to see in the next posts. And, who’s on the Fall train with me, guys?!?!? 🙂

All images by the brilliant and fun to work with, @urbancell_vault. Do check his feed for great shots and sights.

iconicon

October 10, 2016

39 Comments

1. Reply

Shanni

October 4, 2016

Love that chocolate brown shirt with ruffles. It’s very chic

October 4, 2016

Thanks Shanni. Same here. I love the color and ruffle detail as well

2. Reply

Monika

October 4, 2016

I can’t wait for fall too!! Love everything about it hehe.. You are rocking both the looks Anju.. But the sweater one is my absolutely favorite. The color is so gorgeous and with those boots, the entire look is on point! Have a wonderful day 🙂

Monika | http://www.palateforstyle.com

October 4, 2016

Thanks Monika. I love that sweater too. I actually thinking of getting the same sweater in pink too
      xoxo

3. Reply

Sharon

October 4, 2016

You’re so beautiful! Loving these looks xo, sharon

October 5, 2016

Thanks Sharon. You are the sweetest
      xoxo

4. Reply

Ankita Bardhan

October 5, 2016

Stunning outfits! I loved the brown ruffled top, so pretty!

Come visit us soon
    xx
    Makeup, Style and Sugar

October 5, 2016

Thanks Ankita

5. Reply

Joti

October 5, 2016

I’m loving your fall looks! I totally feel you about the mixed feelings over the season change!! At least the cold weather is an excuse to stay in 🙂

October 5, 2016

Thanks Joti.
      xoxo

6. Reply

Supritha

October 5, 2016

In love with both the looks, you look so cute :* They’re both super chic, and perfect for fall!!
    xx

October 6, 2016

Thanks Supritha. I loved your latest post. Great pic on that white dress
      xoxo

7. Reply

siyaadaax3

October 5, 2016

very beautiful , love both outfits <3

October 6, 2016

Thank you Siyaada. I loved your latest post, transitioning maxi skirt for fall

8. Reply

NEHA

October 6, 2016

You look sooo beautiful Anju in these outfits…Your fall looks are completely mesmerizing ! wow.,..its just fab…xoxo, Neha

October 6, 2016

Thank a ton Neha. I am so glad you stopped by
      xoxo

9. Reply

Nischita

October 6, 2016

Love both the outfits! you look so sweet.. Have a nice week ahead dear.

Nischita | http://www.myblackskirt.com

October 6, 2016

Thanks Nisch. I love that you stopped by
      xoxo

10. Reply

Salma

October 6, 2016

Both cutout shoulder tops look great on you!

October 6, 2016

Thanks a lot Salma
      xoxo

11. Reply

Cielo

October 6, 2016

Your heels are soooo HOT!!! Love them! =)

– Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

October 6, 2016

Thanks Cielo. And the best part is they are so reasonably priced

12. Reply

lyrics

October 7, 2016

great post! i hope you’re having a wonderful day!

October 8, 2016

13. Reply

Zana

October 7, 2016

Dear Anju, I loved this post! Even though I am not a fan of the cold shoulders, I think that you styled them amazingly. I can’t decide which combo I love more because they both are so good! I don’t know, maybe thanks to you I’ll find a way to learn to love thr cold shoulder trend.

Lots of love,
    Žana

October 8, 2016

Thanks Zana. You should give cold shoulders a chance 🙂 I am so glad you liked both the color combinations. I am in love with all your recent fall outfits

14. Reply

LINDSEY of THE NOMIS NICHE

October 7, 2016

Loving the shoulder cut-outs. So on trend! You look great 🙂

Love, Lindsey

October 8, 2016

Thanks Lindsey
      xoxo

15. Reply

Veena

October 9, 2016

You look in all the dresses. Love the blue cold shoulder top, so cozy and classy.

Xoxo,
    Veena,

October 10, 2016

Thanks a lot Veena

16. Reply

Marie

October 10, 2016

Amazing Outfits ! And i really love your brown blouse.
    Have a lovely day.
    Kisses
    Marie

October 10, 2016

Thanks a lot Marie. I am also obsessed with the brown shirt. It turned out to be a great buy. Thanks for stopping by

17. Reply

Richa Kamal

October 23, 2016

I so agree with you on the cold shoulder trend.
    You have worn them really well. Those Solewish shoes are really fabulous.
    Enjoy the fall weather!
    Richa | Fancier’s World

18. Reply

Katharine

November 6, 2016

Always so fresh and beautiful! Your blog place is the right place to get inspired. I love your looks , smile and positive vibes sending to your audience. Kisses 🙂
    Katharine-fashionisbeautiful

November 8, 2016

Thanks Katharine. You are always so kind.
      Love

19. Reply

siyaadaax3

November 7, 2016

i love both looks, but that blue sweater is amazing on you

November 8, 2016

Thanks Siyaada. You are so kind

20. Reply

May 12, 2017

Howdy! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be ok.
    I’m absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.